And nothing to do with films! Its all about the vans, and sometimes cars.
I ought to start by saying that we don't do vehicle wrapping at Griffin Designs, and here is why.
- A wrap is shockingly expensive, often 8-10 times the price of vinyl sign writing. Yes, there are lots of business for whom the expense is worth it, to get their vehicle noticed amongst so many in the crowd.
- The success of a wrap is all about the design - something we are skilled in and are happy to help with but despite going on a course, it really is so much harder to apply than it looks and it turns out we are not that good at it. Its about knowing your limitations.
- You need to be doing 3 or 4 wraps a week to be a really good installer, and as yet we just don't find customers asking for them enough
- A wrap totally protects the vehicle, even from stone chips, so when you take it off, there is no damage. Ideal for customers who need a pristine vehicle for trade in purposes.
- A full wrap has to be declared to your insurance company and will affect the premiums
- You vehicle will be off road for 3-4 days. All the trim has to be removed, the vehicle wrapped and the trim replaced. Most of our customers like our mobile service so they can keep working whilst we do their van in 3-4 hours.